25 of the Best Small Business Website Design Ideas
July 4, 2019
Websites need to function, but they also need to look good. There are a lot of sources listing great design ideas. Here are 25 of the best small business website design ideas.
- Interesting images can pull readers in and entice them to learn more.
- Use original images. Stock photos may be recognizable, which can negatively impact the look of your site.
- Concise text gets to the point and relays your message clearly.
- Clean typography is easy to read and drives your message home.
- A minimalist design can reduce load times.
- Use white space to prevent a site from looking busy. This also makes it possible for visitors to zero in on the message.
- Use columns to neatly organize information.
- Menus are another option to make information accessible without overwhelming the look of the site.
- Integrate media to create an engaging experience. Include video, animated gifs or audio files relevant to your small business.
- Include a call to action to tell visitors what you want them to do. These buttons can lead to a newsletter sign-up or enable visitors to request more information.
- Use colors to create visual interest and direct attention. For instance, make call-to-action buttons a different color, so they stand out.
- Design for both desktop and mobile applications.
- Simplify the mobile design to fit and function on a small screen. This may require removing some features or implementing menus.
- Avoid using templates. Other small businesses will very likely use the same template. Help your business stand out by featuring a unique look and layout.
- Work with a web designer you trust and whose aesthetic you like.
- Include contact information, so visitors can reach out.
- Feature an intuitive design, so visitors can easily navigate your site.
- Links should be easy to identify, so users can spot them.
- Include a search bar, making it possible for users to find what they want.
- Maintain consistency with other branded items. Include your logo and match colors used in other marketing efforts.
- Make your site personal by including photos and information about team members. This helps introduce customers to the people behind the brand.
- Feature testimonials from customers.
- Include social media icons, so visitors can stay connected.
- Identify trends unique to your industry. Decide if you want to incorporate these trends or create your own.
- Find website design inspiration from other sites to better understand what you want.
Technology Aloha can take care of your small business website design needs. Reach out to learn more!