How to Set Up Google My Business
Google My Business is absolutely essential if you want your business to appear on Google when people use the search engine. Your business will appear on Google Maps, Google Knowledge Graph, and Google Local Park, which will attract tons of customers and will make your business known. And yes – it’s totally free!
Setting up a Google My Business account is really easy, and only takes a few minutes! Here are some step-by-step instructions for setting up your account.
1. Create a Google My Business Listing
- Log into the Google account that you want to be associated with your business
- Go to google.com/business and click on “start now”
- Enter your business name and address
- Choose a “delivery area” – a vicinity in which you will deliver your products to customers
- Set your business category and add your business phone number and website, so customers can contact you
- Choose an option to verify your account
2. Verify your Google My Business Account
Most people choose to verify their account by text or by email. However, some people need to verify multiple business accounts at the same time, in which case they would be able to “bulk verify.”
If you verify your account by phone:
- Make sure you have entered the correct phone number
- Check your texts to see the code that Google has sent you for verification
- Enter the code
If you verify your account by email:
- Make sure you have entered the correct email address for your business
- Check your email, and click the verification link Google will send you
If you are doing bulk verification:
- Click “chain” on your Google Business verification page
- Fill out all of the information regarding your business
- Submit the verification form
It can take Google up to a week to verify a bulk verification request
Once you have your account verified, the hard part is over! Now, you can optimize your account, and add elements like pictures and a cover photo.
Add plenty of information about your business to your Google My Business page. Include information like your business hours, if your business is wheelchair accessible, if you have free WiFi, and also your website and business contact information. You want this page to be easy for your customers to access.
And that’s all there is to it! From time to time, you should update your account and add more pictures and any other relevant information that you think your customers should know. Google My Business is extremely helpful to all businesses, and truly will increase your customer base!