Digital Marketing Intern
Do you want to launch your career in Digital Marketing, one of the fastest growing industries in the US? Do you have excellent writing and communication skills and an eye for design? Are you friendly, driven and organized? Are you social media savvy and have a passion for digital media, technology and marketing?
If you’re interested in working virtually, setting your own hours (within reason, of course), and helping to grow online presence for our wonderful clients by building digital campaigns through social media posting and interaction, video production, content marketing, and infographics, this internship is for you!
Technology Aloha is looking for a Digital Marketing Intern to join our fun and focused team. You will be involved in all aspects of the writing, publishing, business and marketing functions of our company. It’s essential that applicants for this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained experience in top-of-the-line tools and various aspects of writing, publishing, social media strategy and marketing.
- Honest, Responsible and Dependable
- Attending a university, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Broadcasting, and have completed at least one semester
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding social media and excellent working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with superb attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate confidently yet diplomatically
- Able to write engaging posts to fans using accepted social media terminology
- Able to multi-task and handle numerous on-going projects simultaneously
- A positive, can-do attitude and helpful, problem-solving work ethic
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Craft on-brand posts for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter client accounts
- Respond to social media message and network with relevant accounts
- Put together client branding and style guides
- Create brand assets including graphics, videos and infographics
- Maintain editorial calendar
- Proofread and copyedit client blog posts
- Publish blog posts, including search engine optimization settings
- Analyze social media and website statistics
- Conduct all client interactions with poise and professionalism
- Complete additional tasks as requested
- Be an enthusiastic and contributing member of our team
- Interest in and familiarity with Hawaii is a bonus!
Hours, Pay and Other Stuff:
- Position available immediately — you should apply right now!
- You will report directly to our Founder, but you’ll work with team members and clients too
- You should be prepared to work approximately 5 days per week for approximately 10-12 hours per week
- Term Assignment: 6 months to permanent, depending on performance
- We are a Hawaii-based company, and you will be employed in Hawaii. Since this is a virtual position, you don’t necessarily have to live in Hawaii, but that is where the position is located.
- In addition to hourly pay, college credit may be possible. We will work with your school/academic advisor to help you fulfill college credit, if needed. Please let us know PRIOR to the beginning of your internship, so we can coordinate appropriately with your school.
About Our Hiring Process:
- Apply — Send in your résumé and a cover letter explaining why you want to work with us. Be sure to include a couple of writing samples. No phone inquiries, please.
- Test — If you meet our selection criteria, we’ll email you with links to take two online exams on Copywriting & Editing and Customer Care
- Interview — If selected, we’ll be in touch to set up an online interview with our Founder (other team members may also be involved)
- There may be a second virtual interview, and that one will definitely involve other team members
- Process-in — If selected, you’ll be sent a new employee package to complete and return
- Go Team — We’ll set up your start date and welcome you to our team!
Technology Aloha, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are evaluated without regard to race, creed, sex, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. An internship with Technology Aloha does NOT confer permanent full-time employment status. Interns are not entitled to employment benefits.